05-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win-@-all-cost View Post
I do not spend all that much time on forums so I am kind of a newb here. Please forgive me for posting in the wrong forum.

I have an E92 M3 in my driveway and would not trade it for a 135.

I realize that one is stock and the other is not and that is why I specified that in my post. I also suggested that the M3 with Motons would probably win. There are many moded cars that could be faster but to compare it to a mustang is ridiculous. They are both BMWs albeit of different calibers, but for the argument of which would be more bang for your buck, I think this is relevant.

Motons are not bad on the street at all, in fact they are more forgiving on the street than just about any other aftermarket shock/spring package that is/will be available. They have a very wide range of adjustment which allows them to be softened up. I bet Motons with after market springs would be softer than a car w/ EDC in its static mode with the same after market springs. But this is not the point for my post.

Again, I really enjoy my car and I am in no way trying to promote one over the other. I was just throwing the little factoids out there.
Clubsport and higher range Motons are not good street and track coilovers. to get what you can out of them you'd go with stiffer spring rates, and monoball mounts. if your tuning them for the street then your compromising them for the track, if that's the case then why spend $5K for race suspension when your not working them any more than Bilsteins, KWs...

monoball mounts make for a noisy and harsher street car.

rebound and compression damping are in relation to spring rate.
Appreciate 0