View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #35
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_BMW View Post
So i scheduled a service visit to BMW, and asked them to do a "break in service" and explained to them that it feels slow on the Launch Control first gear. They took it well, will be taking it in for service next week. Lets hope something changes after the service. Because the advertised performance numbers were the reason i chose this car. Fingers crossed!

Fyi, a friend of mine has an M850i and he does 3.5-3.6 with Launch Control stock.
That's interesting, and I'm going to do something similar. I also have a burning smell a lot after medium to hard driving and it's been annoyingly consistent. Another friend with an M550i had the same smell but much worse and his coolant lines into the turbos are leaking.

Going to take mine into the service shop for that smell and these meh performance numbers in a bit. Would love to get this sorted before my new exhaust comes at the end of March...

I still want to try a dragy run or two with warmed up tires on a dry piece of road and see if that hets me the 3.4-3.8 I'm hoping for instead of the 4.0-4.2 I've done on wet roads and cold tires.
Appreciate 0