06-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #13
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK - 421 View Post
Really interested in this as I too am a bit underwhelmed by the sound of the 540i. Be interested to know if anyone else has done this? presuming this is a permanent mod due to the fact you have to cut and weld. Wonder if there is a straight through section (catback) for existing exhaust system, that way you could just bolt in the section CatBack, and replace when it comes time to sell?
I think if the pipe in that area was round it would be easy to just buy a 3" diameter pipe & two exhaust clamps. Cut the pipe where the resonator box is & replace it with the pipe & clamp it in place.

The problem is the pipe in that area is some what flattened or oval shaped. The exhaust shop had to flatten it on each end or make them oval to be able to weld it without any leaks.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0