09-13-2022, 01:42 AM   #319
Frenchstar-57
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 520d LIMOUSINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Wheel vibrations and a smooth ride are two different
I'm on RFTs on my F11, and the ride is smooth on reasonable surfaces and definitely vibration free.

Go-flats will contribute to a smoother ride on poorer road surfaces.

Regarding precision wheel mounting, unless the alignment tools are more precise than the wheel hub to spigot mounting, it could be less accurate than taping the hub spigot. I'd be measuring the alignment tools and wheel bolt holes and seeing how tight the tolerance. I'd expect to read about 0.1mm clearance, to ensure a precise mounting.
Totally agree with Pete, i tested all the combination (the shaft have play and it is not enough accurate), the best test is one layer of 0,1 tape on spigot (no overlap), but you can easily damage the tape when inserting the wheel, be careful.
Then i use my spacer, add 0,1mm tape to spacer spigot, then the spacer into the wheel, then insert the wheel combined with the spacer into the car hub.
the best result, and my conclusion for long term solution is custom spacer, that is that Haradrim did on his bmw.
If you want to check if you have clearance problem, put the wheel on the car hub, without bolt, hang the wheel with one hand, and with the other hand insert feeler gauge 0,15mm at the bottom point, if you can insert it, it means that you probably have clearance problem and vibration caused by this issue
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...49433-9999.pdf
Attached Images

Appreciate 1