View Single Post
      07-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #50
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I could never dd a car this small or slow... great car but I completely dont get the point of cars like this on the street... at least w the M car you get to experience acceleration and tq on the daily, here you get handling that you won't use above an m4's on the street in any way... my opinion stands... for the street... turbo 911or bust
Slow? A car that has seen 118/119 mph traps by actual owners and does 0-100 in 8.3 second (faster than an m3 or m4 with dct) is slow? You must be driving a 911 Turbo or GTR to say that.
Or do you mean that it makes its power higher in the rev range and rather than losing steam anywhere above 5K RPM as the M3 and M4 do?
Low end torque is nice when you have a strong top end like a Turbo does, but the sound, the visceral feel and suspension of the 991 or Cayman/Boxster chassis' makes the M3/4 feel flat out archaic in comparison in the way it handles and especially in how it soaks up and flows with broken pavement.
There is more to driving than pure power, or we would all have C7's since they are faster than both a 991S or M3 but the 911 will win every time if you care about the tactile feel and pinpoint precision.
Appreciate 2