View Single Post
      04-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
What's up Alex - Dazzle free didn't exist in its current implementations and the F32 went into production in 2013. You mentioned years ago so you are talking about the E chassis. Adaptive lights are one thing but the dazzle free high beam assistant concept is new.

You've been around for sure. We are fortunate we are able to do these things to our cars.
Hey V12,

I am honestly not trying to make this into a argument, but I will explain one more time...

I am not saying you just code, but I code and understand what I am coding.

BMW adds VO's which enables/disables coding features inside the modules

8S4 has been around for many years, removal of 8S4 activates EU Spec lighting, "Decoding of Variable Lighting." You can do it on some E8X, E7X and some E9X even.

With the introduction of newer lighting introduced the VO 5AP Decoding for dazzle free high beams (decoding, meaning removal.) When I coded a X6 with LED lighting to remove 8S4, it did not work, so with a simple VIN decoding I saw 5AP, removed 5AP and the beam changed right away, left side lifted up, and it was good to go.

Later on when I received my car back in September 2013, I did the same for my vehicle and noticed the lights doing something strange. Couple google searches I found out what it was, Euro Spec cars have different high beam assist then us.

5AP has been around on 2013 X6s and some F01s, not just 2014.

You can keep saying it does not exist, sure, but it is the same exact thing as switching over to Euro Spec. No different. You just remove the proper VO's and code entire car.
Appreciate 0