04-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #20
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
I can confirm with 100% certainty that changing VO is sufficient. That video is EXACTLY how my headlights work. If an oncoming car approaches me my blue high beam symbol will remain on and it will cut off the light facing the oncoming car. Also, when I am behind a car my high beam symbol still remains on and the light splits allowing a clear non high beam path to the car in front.

Since implementing this feature I find that my high beams are on a good 80% or so of the time at night. Even on the highways I will find it just lighting up a sign way on the right hand side for example and nothing else.

Anyone's more than welcome to come join me for a ride if you wish to see! Might not be too clear to capture on video but I can ask a friend next time I have a passenger at night.

That's because you have a LCI F10 and because it has the hardware and programing to support the feature.

Alex's post in this thread suggested we could use the same method and achieve the same result for years.

And that's what I refuted.
The Dazzle-free High-Beam Assistance did not exist pre 2014 YM F01/2/3/4, F1xLCI, F15, F3x, F8x.
Adaptive lighting of course did otherwise and it differed in Europe vs. US but that wasn't Dazzle-free High-Beam Assistance as you see it in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
[...]V12 is saying that changing VO is not sufficient to activate the Dazzle free lighting, [...][/url]
...if the hardware and the appropriate modules firmware versions are not present. And they are not in say - E chassis cars or a 2011 F10 for instance. This is 2014 year model tech.

Note: the concept of adaptive lighting isn't exactly a new concept in the BMW house.

Last edited by v12; 04-03-2014 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0