Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Just had my M5 coded by Alex @ Alpine MS!

He did my M3 coding and then added Euro DCT / MDM to my m3 for like $150 when others were charging $500+.

He has years of experience and is truly an expert in the field. He coded everything discussed in this forum including the anti glare dazzle high beam assist only found on European models. He has been offering this feature for a very long time.

Alex will ship out a cable to you and all you do is plug it into your computer and car. He remotely accesses the computer to do the coding and you just sit back and wait. Doesn't get any easier than that

Oh yeah...he also charges half of what other coders charge...sometimes even a fraction. You pay $155 including the cable and you get $50 back upon returning the cable. $105 for unlimited options, sweet deal!

I can't even begin to imagine how many cars he's done.

I appreciate the good work Alex. Thanks again.

For coding hit him up at Alex@alpinemss.com. You won't be disappointed!
Question for Nik:

I'm curious to understand the debate that just transpired above. If I understand correctly, V12 is saying that changing VO is not sufficient to activate the Dazzle free lighting, and Alex is saying it is.

The only way to be sure is for you to tell us what you are experiencing when you use your Dazzle Free high beam. Are you able to drive past another car with the high-beam on (not just in auto-highbeam mode, but with the blue high beam light on while you drive past the other car in auto high-beam mode).

Here's a video. Is this what you are seeing?

Hey Stealth,

This whole thread has become real confusing, it is partly my fault for taking it so far.

Here I will explain, there is only one method to coding in this feature, you must remove the proper VOs and apply that VO to the module by simply coding it. There is no other method period, V12 is using the same method, I am sure of that.

What I was attempting to explain was, it is nothing special as far as coding goes, this method to open up Euro features to US cars has been used for years, I am not the first, nor is anyone else here currently to find this out first. This method was used by 1 series members to change their beam pattern to Euro Spec, same steps, just with the LEDs there is one extra VO to remove.

The cars shipped to the US BMW adds a couple VOs to block this feature in the US, you can take those same VOs add it to a Euro Spec car and they will lose this feature.

In a nutshell what I am trying to explain, this is simply changing regions on a vehicle, US to Euro for the lights.
Appreciate 0