01-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
My guess is perhaps they have to have enough cars to fill the ship before it sails rather than run to a schedule and potentially not be full and hence not or less profitable??

I'm in the U.K. and mine was on the dock for a matter of days but then there is probably a huge number of cars going from Germany to the U.K. every week , guessing a larger market than Australia?

Afraid not much you can do other than ring your dealer who may be able to ask bmw themselves, frustrating I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
My guess is perhaps they have to have enough cars to fill the ship before it sails rather than run to a schedule and potentially not be full and hence not or less profitable??

I'm in the U.K. and mine was on the dock for a matter of days but then there is probably a huge number of cars going from Germany to the U.K. every week , guessing a larger market than Australia?

Afraid not much you can do other than ring your dealer who may be able to ask bmw themselves, frustrating I know.

You are probably correct. Car sales for all brands in Australia have dived in the last few months. So I guess they want as full a boat as possible before they set it sail.

This being the case I will end up with a MY 21 registered car
Appreciate 0