View Single Post
      05-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #20
Nu 3 in Sin City
Driver of the Ultimate Driving Machine
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

The car made it to the Port ( in California ) on April 18th. I live in Las Vegas, which is a 4-5 hour drive. This does not make any sense. I just called BMW of NA, they said it is basically out of their hands and I should consult my dealer, which I already have.

I just spoke to the Sales Manager at the dealer. He said that the Port is telling him ( according to the computer ) that my car was released by the port and was given to the shipping company. But, the shipping company's computer shows that they do not have the car. My sales manager told me that these things happen allot and that sometimes the car will show up even though it shows that it is still at the port on their computer. So, now that it is too late in the day, the Port and Shipping companies offices are closed and we will have to wait until tommorrow to find something out. What gets me is, why didn't they call the Port earlier today when they originally told me they couldn't find the car?

All I know is I ordered this car months ago, with a deposit, registered on BMWUSA.com with owners circle and have a VIN# number etc. and I sit here waiting while all the demo cars at my dealer have been sold and several owners who had pre-ordered their E90s are out enjoying their cars as I type this. I'm also hearing that several people managed to get their cars before the official release date. I'm wondering why my car didnt come with the demo cars for my dealer?..wouldn't that make sense? Well, hopefully this will all be resolved tommorrow and my car will be at the dealer.
Appreciate 0