06-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #32
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G30) 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I'm quite surprised at the shift to be honest. It makes sense they are lower takes, but it would have made more sense to add Night Vision to the Executive Package to replace the headlight upgrade they dropped. Unless Executive is really cheap it is going to seem like an odd buy now and probably also end up low take.

I skipped Night Vision and B&W because they weren't worth the money for me. I'm a fan of good audio, but I don't spend enough time in the car to spend that much on audio just for the car. But I went both ways on Night Vision. I could see it tipping me over the edge in a package. Especially since I added the Executive Package mainly for the upgraded headlights.

Soft close doors as a low take item is a strange one too, because they didn't eliminate the Executive Package entirely and it comes only in the package in MY2020.

I suspect, as other said, it is either supplier related or cost cutting ahead if a brutal year ahead for cars.

I just peaked back at the press release for MY2021 and compared that to MY2020 ordering guide.

For MY2021 The Executive Package only adds:

* Ceramic Controls
* Power Rear Sunshade (still manual side shades).

Unless they drop the price a LOT I can't see that being a package many would pick up. MY2020 the Executive Package was $1600 more than the Convenience Package, but since it included the lighting package it was really only about $600 more. The power rear sunshade is cool, but I def wouldn't opt for it + Ceramic controls for $1600 (skipped Ceramic on my car as is ).
Based on my orders for the MY 2020 and MY 2021, the change to the MSRP for the Executive package is only a $50 increase. Obviously it depends on the actual price you pay, but with the deletion of the soft close doors from the package, they are obviously making more there as well.

They've also built in some additional profit with the deletion of the Luxury Seating Package. As a package in the 2020 car, it was $1,200. In the MY 2021 as two separate elements (front ventilated and front massaging) the price is up $300 (based off my build sheet).

I am a fan of the night vision system and sorry to see it dropped. I live in an area where there is a lot of wildlife, and for trips through the woods at dusk/night, I thought it was a good additional safety feature, particularly since the system was always on after dark in its latest iteration.

As far as upgrading to the B&W stereo, 16 speakers and 600 watts from the B&O standard system is more than enough for a car with an interior volume that's less than 40 sq ft.

Tom

2003 E65 745i | 2011 F10 550i | 2021 G30 M550xi
Appreciate 3
clee1982797.50
niju32184.50