09-29-2017, 06:34 AM   #8
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Modesta BC-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by STK View Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My expectations are not off the charts. There are a lot of people of this forum that are fanatics about their car's appearance. Mine will not be a garage queen. At the same time, having a coating that protects the paint and wheels and lasts - making cleaning relatively easy - would be great if they work.

I guess the longest lasting product for the price using a top flight retailer seems like where I'm headed. Folks on this this and other forums have been talking up the cfinest a lot for durability. I really haven't seen many BC-08 reviews by customers on the web. I've also noticed detail shops switching products and to an outsider it's a bit confusing. Is it primarily a business decision? They don't seem to switch to a less expensive brand. It seems a car just off the boat would, on average, require much less correction. How come I feel I'm in the market for a mattress? Thx again. You've been very straightforward.
Mattress!!! LOL!! I hear you, and you are correct in thinking that many detailers are switching. One reason is the change in the thought process of the coating manufacturers. The sale bottles by adding more and more installers in an area mentality has brought out the snake oil sales tactics, that in the end will hurt the industry. One in particular..We will call it CP, has a very large marketing campaign that gets in front of consumers and wows them with lighter attacks, flames and other visually stunning examples. They also tout a lifetime warranty...Wow! whats not to love?
Whats not to love is that in most major metro areas, there is a person slinging this on every corner, some really good detailers, some...well, you get the idea.

Each one will tell you that they are the best, thats human nature, especially for a business paying bills. It does seem like everyone has gone to the most expensive offering, and in the case of the Modesta line, they are more expensive, but one big difference is that the shops carrying Modesta are not your run of the mill shops. Most of these business have been in the business a long time, or at least in the industry. Most own and operate some of the largest facilities in the industry and all have been vetted. That means to you as a consumer that you are not going to find one on every corner. You are not going to hear outrageous claims, you will however be educated on each offering in the line-up, what benefits those have for you as a customer and also how to take care of the coating after the sale and application.
There are other coatings that have a network that can do the same thing, its an ethics thing.

As far as warranties, as mentioned earlier. Asked for the "Fine Print." These warranties are not written by Mother Theresa, they are written by lawyers to protect the company first and the consumer second. There are many things typically that you have to do as a customer to maintain this warranty and if you do have an issue, there are loopholes that usually get the company out of it.

I hope this helps you make a decision. Remember, installer first, coating second.

Bruce
Appreciate 0