United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
You have got to be kidding me!!
I really believed it was on a ship and the update was just slow. 16 days!! That's way to long
Wish I was... going by your 5-day delay in updating, IF my car made it on the 4/26 ship, I should know by now... If it was on the 4/29 or 4/30 ships, I'm still few days away from knowing...

Next one is 5/6

I can't understand why, it seems, that the dealership has a better look into the status than the two primary customer facing systems - Genius and MyBMW. You would think they'd all get the same info from Germany...
I know for the last few month there has been more of a delay at the port. However, I really haven't heard of any cars sitting there for more then 2 weeks.

Your car must be on a ship! It's so frustrating not knowing and not getting clear answers.

My car arrived at Baltimore port on 4/29/19, I called bmw genious on 4/30/19 and they said that it is still in transit from Germany. I call back the next day on 5/1/19 and they told me that my car just reached Baltimore port but is still inside the ship and has not unloaded yet. So I open up the tracking site from the websites you guys provided me and it showed that
Grand Dhalia had already left Baltimore and was on its way to Brunswick lol!

At this point, with BMW as my only source of update, I feel so clueless again. I really don't know what's happening right now, my car could be parked at the port, it could be at the VPC, or with some hope it could be on a truck. Although, according to Genious it could still be "on the ship", which means it took off to Brunswick lol

I think the hardest thing to deal with is the UNKNOWN. Even if there are delays or some setbacks but we are made aware, it would be much better and a lot easier to be ok with.
Appreciate 1