09-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #65
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Those were pretty extreme examples I linked. But, market value for all but the worst, most destroyed cars has been steadily going up for the last 2-3 years on both e46 M3s and e39 M5s.
Look if you own or desire an E46 M3, do so for all the right reasons but not believing this is some sort of high yield mutual fund investment.

Prices in these cars are fueled by speculation and pipe dream premises based on the "Good old days" or when BMW "Cared about the act of driving". Some folks want to live forever locked in the year 2004, and that is fine, but the world, the automotive industry and BMW has moved on.

Truth is that if anyone feels so strongly about NA 6 cyl engines, manual transmissions and artificially heavy hydraulic power steering, they don't need to spend $90K to get into an old school pre-2010 BMW. Nothing special about those cars made in the thousands and not with the best reliability (E46 sub frames anyone?). But circling back to my point: if an older BMW is your thing enjoy it but always for the right reasons.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0