Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
Dear people who buy used cars:

If you want the peace of mind of a brand new car with new car warranty, then pony up for a new car. Also, you may be more concerned with what the "well loved" v8 has been through with the original owner.

Yours truly,
Definitely fixing the cubby under warranty

All joking aside, I think it goes without saying that most if not all who experience the failure of this cheaply designed item, will have it fixed under warranty- it's just probably not a top priority for anyone with even a remotely busy life.

From time to time you'll hear the second/third hand crowd expressing smug befuddlement as to why anyone would pay the enormous premium of new car depreciation... well, some of us don't want to deal with other people's neglected problems. Generally speaking, when you're in the $80-$90k+ range for a new car, it's more about getting what you want than worrying about "saving" a few grand.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0