Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
They had to paraphrase the analysis' somewhere to fit it in an article.

Let's see how the board votes. Strategic JV's certainly the preferred method, but an acquisition is beginning to gain an edge. Out of all the potential acquisitions, BMW-JLR is near as perfect as they come.
For many within the company that would be a relished ambition to own the crown of British name plates MINI,Rolls-Royce and Land Rover.
The problem more loosely is based on the fact that Jaguar and Land Rover are so entwined that you can't have one without the other.

But speaking hypothetically with Jaguar I would cut the excess models and make it more like Porsche.
With Land Rover one thing not normally reported is that they followed BMWs direct strategy to introduce a smaller Range Rover(Evoque), sportier Range Rover Sport and send the Range Rover further upmarket where it does a great of job of straddling the entry luxury segment of the way to the top end of the segment.
I am told that the next Range Rover generation will actually take this further.

However design would. Have to evolve to possibly separating each model. If you take the Velar. It's incredibly good looking and subtle and not too dramatic. It's very much a luxury product. The problem I have is that Velar's uniqueness has now been subdued because every other model now shares its look and is now no longer stand out but uniform.
Interesting ideas about turning Jaguar into a semi-boutique brand like Porsche. The thing is would Porsche have survived without VW Group?

If the answer is no, then I can't see how a trimmed down Jag would survive on its own. Especially with the EV mandates coming out of the EU and China.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0