10-05-2019, 07:43 AM   #21
NYCBMWFAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335Xi Coupe; 2016 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschack View Post
About to order my 2020 M550 and quite torn on 2 things:

1. Whether to get the 20s or the 19s....really want the 20s since those 688Ms look soooo nice, but afraid of the roads around here - I see you (OP) are also in Westchester - wondering your thoughts of the 20s on these NY roads.....also what your plans are for the winter

2. Considering the Frozen Black (matte) but have been scared away by what I've read regarding the upkeep - anyone have any thoughts/experience with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Took delivery today. Admittedly, I was pretty skeptical of whether I'd be happy with the spec, but in the flesh I think it looks great.

I was shocked at how expensive wheel tire insurance is ($3,700), for three years, but bit the bullet given my car has the 688M rim.

Car is astonishingly quick off the line. It pulls like an absolute freight train (much harder than the sl63 I had a few years back). I can't imagine what an f90 feels like.

Steering feel is great as well, though you don't ever forget it's a big heavy car.

Not overly impressed with the Dakota leather, but I wanted cognac so made the sacrifice.

Had tint put on pre delivery, and added the cerium grey fender badges (oem) that are included on the European and Canadian cars.

Anyways - a few exterior pics: (not shown are the black kidney grilles).

Yet to take pics of the interior, but it's cognac with ash grey wood trim and ceramic controls - which look great, but show finger prints like crazy!
For what it's worth I went with 20's on my order. I'm going to upgrade sidewall +5 as soon as I get delivery. A few members have done it and say it works great.

I did test drive the 20's on Northern Blvd though and it wasn't as rough as I thought it would be but it's possible to pop em regardless given the NYC streets.
Appreciate 0