View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 02:52 AM   #4
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burniksapwet View Post
Thank you so much for replying. So the BM3 is a flash tune I'm assuming? Would this void the warranty?
Yes, BM3 or MHD are two popular tuning platforms which both offer OTS (off the shelf) tunes with different "stages" depending on varying degrees of bolt-on modifications. Both are relatively affordable ~$500-600 USD and you can't go wrong with either.

I'm personally running BM3 Stage 1 E30 (30% ethanol) tune on my 540i which makes roughly 420WHP. Honestly, it really transformed the car from stock. It wasn't slow at stock by any means, but doing the Stage 1 tune (even on 91 pump gas) really transformed the car and imho BMW should've shipped the car that way.

The MPPSK tune makes around 355WHP. Interestingly enough, BM3 offers the MPPSK tune for free You can also get custom tunes if you decide to (only worth it once you go full bolt-on, i.e. downpipe, high pressure fuel pump, and turbo).

The downside to all of this is that if you have a catastrophic engine or any other drivetrain failure (e.g. transmission, transfer box, etc.), they will most likely pull FASTA data (low level diagnostic logs stored on the DME) which will 100% detect your tune. However, if you have minor engine problems (some people even have gotten warranty replacements when their turbos blew) or problems unrelated to the drivetrain (e.g. iDrive headunit, speakers, etc.), then you should be fine. Bottom line: you gotta pay to play the game
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0