SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss~ View Post
Hi guys

I have a small issue just I noticed that the DRL in the left front headlamp is turned yellow so I took the car to the nearest dealer (the only dealer in the whole country) after taking an appointment expecting small issue that will need few hours to be solved even if they will replace the whole unit in the bad situation

I went there at the same exact date and time they appointed to me and surprisingly they told me that they will take 1 week to diagnose and solve the issue
This dealer is 300 miles far from my home and this thing is totally frustrating

BTW when I called them to assign a repair appointment, the nearest slot was like 7 days from the call. So now total of 2 weeks to solve a small issue!

Is that something normal? Because I was dealing with a lot of other brands dealers before and never had such concern

Thank you guys
There is a reason that economists decry monopolies. As the only dealer in your country, the dealership can do whatever it wants and still get business.

On my prior BMW I had constant problems (I ended up selling the car back to BMW but that is another story). But every time I called up they said "come on in" and provided me with a loaner.

If you are under warranty, you don't have a choice unless you can travel to an adjoining country and there might be legal issues in that. If you are out of warranty, are there are independent shops that specialize in BMW or German cars?
Appreciate 0