View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #4089
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Decided to try Absinthe for the 1st time. Bought a spoon many years ago but never followed thru because it was still difficult to buy absinthe then

Just bought a bottle of Pernod Absinthe made in France and St. George Absinthe made in Alameda, CA. The Pernod is excellent; very smooth and easy to drink. The St. George has a much stronger, medicinal flavor and I do not enjoy it as much.

Have also been stocking up on some Islay single malts which are my favorite whiskeys. Current line up includes Lagavulin 16, Laphroig 10, Cao Ila 12, Ardbeg 10, Port Charlotte (Bruichladdich) 10 and Kilchoman Machir Bay. Also have a bottle of Talisker 10 made on Skye but very similar in taste/flavor to scotches made on Islay.

Also decided to try some different burbons other than JD. So, bought some Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare 10 (also made by Buffalo Trace) and some Woodward Reserve. The Eagle Rare is the best IMO among them.

And also decided to some different gins for my martinis, other than the Bombay Sapphire that I've always used, including Aviation, New Amsterdam, The Gin Factory and Junipero. I like Aviation the best among these.

Needless to say, I'm feeling no pain in the evenings. LOL!