View Single Post
      03-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
I'll second the recommendation to lease. Or buy with the understanding that you'll need to get on a first name basis with the mechanic.

I have some experience with them and have owned Land Rovers in the past. They used to be great for off-road but these days it's more about off-road heritage and less about off-road capability despite the marketing. Although, compared with most SUV's these days, the balance of Land Rovers probably do pretty well if you option it correctly with a few exceptions.

As for buying and based on my personal experience shopping for one recently is that dealers don't mark them down too much so don't expect rock bottom prices. Most dealers are also reluctant to order one for you and push hard to sell existing inventory or will try and "find" one for you in another dealers inventory. The best deal I was able to get was to go through their corporate fleet program if you're employer participates in the program. We were looking at possibly getting a RRS and the corporate fleet program gave us a discount that was more than twice the best deal we got from a dealer. The recent experience with dealers in the Pacific Northwest was similar to our experience when we purchased our last Land Rover in the mid-Atlantic area (Washington D.C. metro/VA/MD). As a side note, we ended up with another X5 and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by Pictor; 03-08-2020 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1