03-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #8
cartaozinho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 (G30) M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
JLR vehicles sure are beautiful, but I just can't trust them. I advise that even if you do lease, you ask about their available loaners and what vehicles they have because even during leases, problems can still arise, and the worse thing would be having to get stuck in one of those Disco Sport SUV's (or just any car that isn't your own) for anywhere from a short to long period of time as a loaner. This was years ago, but had a friend with a leased RR Sport, had engine trouble, got stuck in a LR2/Freelander (one of the worst LR vehicles in history) for one month, ruined his entire ownership experience.
Thanks for the heads up. When I inquired the dealer said they always give out loaners. But they're Evoques or similar.

Any case, we put a deposit down on an LWB order yesterday. Fortunately, the dealership was flexible on the refund-ability of the deposit (said they only require no refunds if, for example, you're ordering a hot pink one). So we can get our cash back out if something dramatic changes between now and when it arrives.

Curious to see how long the process takes what with the economy's sudden stop. The UK seems to be doing business as usual...

Thanks again to everybody for their input...it's why Bimmerpost is the best car forum around!
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00