03-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #12
cartaozinho
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 (G30) M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlf750 View Post
Funny they are going back to BMW V8s - one of our Land Rovers in the past had that engine. We are on our third LR4 at the moment. So far so good actually. The last two both needed new air suspensions at $3500 a pop...traded each one in for the next one. Now that the new Discovery is so ugly, we have a decision to make with the next truck, thinking a Yukon Denali actually.

Good friend of mine has the RR Autobiography, crazy money for that package but he's had no issues
It's tough to go wrong with the Yukon. Is a new generation for that due out soon?

The BMW V8 notion is based off of internet rumor. So take that for what it is. Our sales guy indicated that JLR had just revised their deal with the current engine manufacturer (GM, if I heard him correctly). He seemed surprised they would abandon it so quickly. He also said that the new architectures aren't likely to be around until 2025. But that hybrid powertrains are coming. Soon.

We looked at doing a LWB Autobio. But you can spec a LWB 525 HSE to be very similar for about 30K less. For us, the key difference was that the Autobio lets you get the fancy seats in the second row (foot rest, massage). Not available on the HSE. Not too big of a deal as the second row is already pretty nice. The leather (and some other stuff) might be nicer too. When we sat in an Autobio my wife's comment was "let's sell the house and live in here."

Happy to hear your buddy had no issues with his Rover. For the people we have talked to face-to-face we haven't heard of anybody who was wildly unhappy with the current generation Rover. And we've heard quite a few stories of people who really liked theirs and planned to get another one. And there are a few who loved them but, for one reason or another, ended up with a BMW or a Benz (frequently the issue was number of seats).

We haven't decided yet on whether to lease or purchase. It will be a game time decision based on various payment packages available once the rig hits these shores. For now, we wait. Which gives us time to come up with a good name for the new ride...I like Ruprecht. My wife, not so much.
Appreciate 0