View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #17
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

We leased a Range Rover Sport for my wife a few years ago. Although she loved the vehicle, it was unquestionably the worst lease experience I have had. Over the course of a 3 year lease, the vehicle required 3 brake jobs (rears in year 1, fronts in year 2 and rears again in year 3), each at a dealer cost well over $1000 (albeit CDN$ but that is how I get paid ). All 4 tires need replacing after year 2. The dealer tried to blame my wife's driving style initially. When I explained that her prior vehicles were a Yukon Denali and an Expedition Limited and that neither needed anything other than oil changes over a 3 year lease, the dealer tried to tell me that it was because of the "performance brakes" needed to stop a heavy vehicle like the RR. On top of that the tire pressure sensor kept coming on in the winter (even after checking the pressure) and we were told this is "normal". BS.

When we returned the RR after the 3 year lease, we were dinged over $2k for matters that in the past would have been routine wear and tear (including a small ding on the roof that for all we know was there when we took delivery!). I know dealers, at least here in Canada, have become more strict on lease returns so I buy lease end protection but the entire experience was unsatisfactory.

To top things off, when I complained to the dealership about the excessive costs during the lease, I was provided with a number to call for North American Range Rover Customer Support. Each time I called the number, I ended up in voicemail getting a message advising that the mailbox was full and could not accept further messages!

As Scotty wisely said: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." NO more RRs for us.
Appreciate 2