LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Well, it may be different in Europe, but here in the USA I can set the radio presets, interior light color, seat positions, mirrors and steering wheel as well as
memory for each, greeting name, active safety features settings (distance, etc.) and probably about 30 more things, all associated with a profile.
Yeah, profiles are a key factor in the G30 being awesome IMHO. This feature is absolutely amazing.

For instance, when I'm driving and my driver's profile are in place the car remembers my seat position and memory settings as well as my passenger seat position and memory settings. As a result, when my wife is driving it can shift for her as driver and for me as passenger since it treats all seat memory settings as profile specific. So you end up with "3" memory positions (2 x Door Memory Buttons, 1x "Last Position") per front seat per profile depending on options.

You like listening to your memory card and you get into the car it plays where you left off based on your profile and if your spouse gets in it starts playing her radio station instead.

Car fully changes over to make each driver feel at home and it is the sort of icing on the cake for the tech/luxury feeling of the G30 IMHO.

Skipping them is like going to an orchestra and never entering the auditorium. Sure, you can hear the music outside, but you're missing out on so much.

If you're on MY2020 or later your profile is stored "on the cloud" so you can get synchronized settings in every BMW you drive with iDrive 7 or later simply by signing in. Really cool stuff.
Appreciate 0