View Single Post
      05-05-2022, 05:39 PM   #97
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Now that I have transitioned to working from home, I don't feel the need for an EV. I've said goodbye to my i3, which pretty much sat in the garage for the past 2 years.

Having said that, when I was commuting 80 miles a day, having my own level 2 charger at home and other cars for travel and fun, yes, the EV fit my situation very well and I loved having one. I reduced overall commuting expenses by $250/mo and we are currently in the permits process for solar panels, so the savings potential would be even greater if I was still commuting.

If I ever return to commuting, knocking on wood that I don't, I would certainly get another EV. Range wouldn't even be an issue. So long as it gets 120ish miles to the charge I'll make it to work and home and errands in between.
Very similar position for me.

I work at home now. I moved into the middle of a city (San Francisco) and no longer need a car to do everyday tasks. Walking and public transit are very convenient. Gas prices and EV charging have no effect on me. I only drive for fun and occasional errands.

I tell everyone that despite driving a gas guzzling German V8, I have a smaller carbon footprint than anyone commuting in an EV.
jmg18783.50