View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #33
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symo View Post
I have just ordered my new 540i (we cant get the 550i here in Australia ) but reading these threads here you guys seem to get the car for a lot less than we do here. Also, the way BMW Australia market the car, the bigger the motor the more standard inclusions.

for example,
520i - standard with HUD, Nav Professional 18" wheels, stop and go cruise etc,

530i - all the 520i stuff plus HK audio, 19" wheels, seat heating, dynamic dampers etc.

540i adds glass roof, 20" wheels, Metallic paint, Nappa Leather, comfort seat and Ambient air.

I have attached my contract of sale for $150K. The observant will note the tax, The Australian government (in an attempt to protect the now defunct Australian Car Manufactures) added a "Luxury Car Tax so wave good by to that lazy $17k. Plus GST $11K (Goods and Services Tax) and Stamp Duty (another $7k).

This is my third brand new BMW and I think this one I am most excited about. I love the technology.

I have the VIN but unable to track it sadly (Its a Steyr build so I hope its ok). I have scoured this and other forums but so far all recent info is tracking USA cars. Our Australian BMW genius is only interested in selling or servicing. BMW Australia don't offer much support from order to delivery and I had to nag the local BMW stealer (not a typo) multiple times to get the VIN from him.

Cheers

Peter
Wow that's about $108k USD. You can get a fully loaded 540i xDrive for $80k USD before dealer discounts and incentives. It wouldn't be unreasonable with discounts to pay $70k USD for it.

Nearly $40k difference 😱
Appreciate 0