01-04-2023, 05:45 PM   #26
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shmoe View Post
Hello all. I've been lurking here for quite a bit and finally joined not too long ago.

I have a 2018 M550iX in Alpine White. I got it as a lease trade-in around 4/21 with 30.5k miles. I now have have 41k, but I have experienced some warranty issues: T-stat leaked and took out 2 or 3 ECU's(computers?), then the entire digita gauge cluster with speedometer etc, shifted to the left by about an inch(had to be replaced), and just recently I had to have the turbo coolant lines replaced/upgraded. Luckily all under warranty! My CPO warranty expires at the end of March and I'm not comfortable not having a warranty after having these issues.
The dealer quoted me ~$5400 to extend the CPO for another 2 years, and about $5700 for a third party warranty that covers a few more items but no loaner. The loaner is not that big of a deal.

I've read the thread about 3rd party warranties. It seems like Route 66 is the way to go. I'm in Long Island, NY....anyone have recommendations for what credit union offers it? I'm curious as to what they would quote me. I looked at Hanscom and PenFed but I couldn't find info on the warranty.

Thanks.
I got it with aspire federal credit union back in the day. They are now taken over by penfed
Appreciate 0