Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
Been debating doing ghost subs and their amp as well. I've emailed them and got a very nice response with personalized advice from them. Pretty impressive. The place I had instal my Dinan V2 had good things to say about bav sound. He said what's he's done is made the subs under seats into mid range sound with a new bypass, a custom built sub in trunk with a new amp with him personally tuning bypasses and speaker ranges for about $1300. But even though he was trying to sell me his service, he said nothing but good things about bavsound
After hearing the amp in my car I decided to go all in with bavsound. Once again, their customer service was stellar, just a great experience all around. I installed myself by watching their how-to video and they have a tool set that's $35 if you want to go that route. How's the sound? It's crisp, clear, softer than I'd expected but exceptionally balanced and clean. You can tell they eq'd the amp nicely. It was worth it.
How did the amp alone affect the sound? Did you have HK stereo already?
My car came with the base hi-fi system: it had the center speaker with tweeter in dash, the tweeters and mids in the front doors, the mids and tweeters in the rear, and the under seat subwoofers. Everything dropped in nicely, however the "plug and play" came with one hurdle. The instructions on how to re wire the speakers are not altogether clear, but luckily Bavsound's support was top notch, they got back to me in minutes and talked me through how to wire it correctly (essentially there are a few wires that are not used and the tweeters are tied into the new mids...) the installation video is helpful but lacks these details.
On just the amp: I noticed deeper quality right away with just the amp and better sound - you're going from 205watts to 1300watts with that swap alone. It definitely makes a difference. However once I had the amp installed, I couldn't help but wonder how much better the whole system would sound together. Now that I've got all three components, the amp, the subs, and the speakers, I can def say it's a powerful and top-notch sound system that I really enjoy.

I investigated doing this with aftermarket parts and nothing seemed to fit, every audio shop I called either seemed confused or told me an upgrade couldn't be done, but these guys made it happen.
Appreciate 1
Dobie Dog738.50