Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Thank you mate

I have to say I'm very impressed with the Conti's. A few have said that as the compound is softer than the Michelin PS4S's it will wear quicker - but I've not seen anything to be concerned about. I haven't been able to push these tyres in the bends to see where the grip limit is due to the weather and time of year, but everything I've thrown at them they have taken well.

I've always been a fan of the PS4S's and my 20" wheels will need a new set of tyres this year. I'm still leaning towards the Michelins but the Conti's do come in a few hundred pound cheaper so that might swing it (unless I find a 4 tyre discount code on black circles).

As for the 19" wheels, I think I'm starting to prefer the 19" over the 20"... driving seems more smoother and some what more enjoyable... maybe because I'm not constantly look out for potholes and worrying haha! I have hit a few potholes with these (in the dark on roads I'm not familiar with) and it's been okay... not as obvious as it is with 20" wheels and tyres.

I do prefer the look of 20" but practicality and for everyday use, 19" is the way forward I think.
Think you're spot on there, I've now got 2 flat spots in my 20's one front one rear due to a nasty pothole I encountered end of last week. My logic of wearing out the RFT Goodyears before adding non RFTyres clearly wasn't the best logical step! Think I'll see if they can be repaired and then try a set of Conti's in the 20", failing that some 19's all round.
Appreciate 1
Junebug851635.00