02-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
As I patiently (right) wait for my lease to be up, or at least close enough to bail on, I continue to drive an F8x every now and then to remind myself what I am missing out on. Currently driving a GS 350 FSport. Fine car, but no M.

Drove an M3 with 18's, active suspension and 6MT today. Car is in Katy and I took it on a loop of I-10 of about 5 miles. Certainly the car is louder and stiffer than my car, and of course faster and more capable. Much more solidly planted.

I've been driving everything under the sun and just not finding that any one car is "the one". Unfortunately I have 13 more months to torture myself but that also give me plenty of time to figure out what is floating my boat. I love the M3, but last time I lived with a car of this general nature, I was 25, not in my 40's. Drove the M5 but that feels too big. Driven many of those, with both transmissions. Driven a new C63S and that car is a beast. But I'm not in love with the styling, or the quasi-DCT, or the older version of COMAND. I even drove a new 740i recently.

So, those of you who daily drive your car, what do you think? My daily commute is typically less than 15 minutes. But once a week, or more, I head for appointments inside the beltway. I'm from the NE and wish I had more enjoyable roads here. Everything is straight and 90 degree turns.

Please, looking for a civil discussion that's why I didn't post in the general forum so I don't hear "but a Camry!" Nonsense. Plus, given I do 90 % of my driving around the Woodlands or down to downtown,you guys know that we don't have daily access to canyons, mountains, etc.. So I look for your sincere opinions and thoughts.

Thanks guys.
Mines a DD - do about 18-20 miles each way to work on a mix of side streets and highway - still love getting in the thing after 12-13K miles and the instant acceleration and handling never seem to get old. Honestly and as daft as it may or may not seem this is also one of the reasons for my going with the convertible to add another dimension to as you say otherwise boring commutes or relatively frequent short trips w/o opportunities to open it up etc. We eat out a lot and just cruising around albeit somewhat fast () is a blast everytime with the top down (it is my first Vert!).