View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #86
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
I saw this on Apple News. It pretty much sums up what I thought.

http://www.businessinsider.com/doj-v...stimony-2019-7

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 US election in a "sweeping and systematic" fashion to propel Donald Trump to the presidency. The Trump campaign welcomed the intrusion. Trump and his associates tried to weaponize their political positions for financial gain. After assuming office, Trump significantly obstructed the investigation into Russia's meddling on nearly a dozen occasions. He ordered the White House counsel to fire the man investigating him. He urged witnesses not to cooperate with prosecutors. And contrary to his repeated assertions, he was not "totally and completely exonerated" of wrongdoing.

The former special counsel Robert Mueller testified to these findings before Congress this week, but none of it was actually news.

Elie Honig, a former prosecutor from the Southern District of New York, told INSIDER that "the debate people are having right now is about style rather than substance."

"Let's take away the superficiality of whether he looked assured, or whether he hesitated, or looked too old, or if he fired off his answers quickly enough," he said. "Why should that matter? Look at what he said."
Excellent summation.
I still can't believe the party that found the Lewinski caper so despicable, turns the other cheek on this stuff.