View Single Post
      02-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #15
TheYoungConnoisseur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Your car at the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
If you need a watch that costs over $1000 to have a good time, you must live a boring life. On top of that, there are many great watches for under 1k.. If you're a true watch fanatic, you wouldn't bash $500-$1000 timepieces for some are classics and are made by very reputable watchmakers.

Sorry I am a die hard watch snob and there is absolutely nothing used even for under 2500 that isn't an embarrassment.
That first sentence was a quote, forget who that that about a good time.

Watches, like art, have classes. A 1k piece is like comparing "art" on the wall at mcdonalds to something in a French gallery. Might "look" ok but it's just not in the same league. As pretentious as it may be

*** the guy that said " a Rolex on your wrist won't lower your lap times... Well your half right, a lot of guys I've raced against wear 70grand+ pieces and a HEAVY HITTER watch can lower your lap times. As a racer myself, having a serious watch helps relax and focus you mentally which is a lot of the game. When you line up on the grid with pole, and have a fucking Richard Mille under your glove you feel like a man on the moon.... Tell me that's not a mental plus

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 02-17-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0