View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
pugxs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport

730D b57b30 Engine Tuning - same as G30 530D?

Hi all,

Initially posted this in the G11 7 Series forum but more likely to get a response here (7 forum can be a bit dead at times!!)

Long time lurking in the background with a few comments here and there.

Spent the last 6 months convincing myself that a G11 7 series was the way forward and as luck would have it a car accident that saw my previous 330i written off has just forced my hand...!!

I did want to go down the 740D route but have been negotiating with a dealer near London over a substantially specc'd 730D - as my heart wasn't really into the 30D I decided to see how far I could push him, only to find it was very far indeed!! Long story short, it's now an exceptionally good deal that I cannot ignore in favour of a 40D and am likely to pull the trigger on it (just negotiating over last little bits).

Question I have is, what are the options when it comes to engine tuning? From the engine code, it looks like the 730D shares the same b57b30o0 lump as the G30 530D in which case there looks to be some reasonable plug and play tuning boxes turning out reasonable returns. Am I missing something? It all feels a bit too easy - what have I missed??
Appreciate 0