12-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #18
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
Wanted to share my recent experience: Wanted to love Omega and actually had several different models picked out as my only candidates.

Went to Omega as well as an AD and tried on all different Omegas.

I have a 6.75" wrist, so a tad on the smaller side in general.

The PO was too large for me, even in 42mm size. It's lug-to-lug length was too long and it's simply a mountain of metal in terms of height.

The new seamaster 300m is ruined by it's lume to me. It's made to look vintage, I get, but the lume itself is unattractive in person. It actually photographs better.

The speedmaster pro is the best fitting Omega for me - it's curved lugs hug the wrist best, and it's sizing is perfect. However, I want a large second hand, so this is on hold for now.

Overall I walked away dis-satisfied. There wasn't an Omega that fit me and filled the bill at the same time. My favorite to look at in pictures is a blue PO 42mm on a blue rubber strap - but it just doesn't sit right on the wrist for me.
Definitely different strokes when it comes to watches. Omega may not be the brand for you!

If you have a smaller wrist, have you looked at some of the stainless steel Rolexes? Or some of the smaller Cartier watches?

I think Omega is a better bang for buck depending on which watch you are going for (about equal between the Seamaster/Submariner and the GMT models for stainless steel, but if you liked the Speedmaster, it's a steel up against the much higher prices Daytona)
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0