CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyg30 View Post
do you guys think going to non-run flats will fix my chronic sidewall bubble problem i am currently experiencing.
I currently have Pirelli cinturato p7 245/40r19 on my 540xi Msport.
Have had to replace 5 tires in 10 months due to sidewall bubbles or blowouts.

I've read numerous posts that the ride quality is better with go flats; I'm not as concerned about that, just would like to stop taking my car to the shop.

Also will 18 inch rim / spare tire kit fit over the blue Msport brakes.

thanks

first time posting.
Welcome! I'll try not to hijack the OP's thread, but....

You've replaced 5 tires in 10 months because of sidewall bubbles or blowouts? Yikes. How terrible are your roads there? I could understand 1 or 2, maybe even 3 if you just had terrible luck with pot holes and blow outs, etc, but 5 in 10 months?!

It sounds like less of a tire issue and more of a road issue or driving pattern that is beating up your tires, IMO. I'd be wary that switching to a non run flat tire would stop your sidewall bubbles and blow outs the way you described.

Have you checked to make sure they're properly inflated? Do you try to avoid pot holes if you can or do you run right over them?

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0