View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #22
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

I feel your pain. Properly inflated my tires, as I usually do weekly, on Wednesday night. Thursday, drove to DFW to pick up my Granddaughter, who is spending the week with us while the kids are on vacation. Driving through Waco, in a road construction area, hit a huge pothole which was unavoidable, in the fast lane....doing about 60 in a 55, BTW. Immediately the right front tire was at zero pressure. Second time for me since I bought the car in September, and this was the same wheel, so it had the newest Goodyear F1 Asymmetric on it. Luckily, was able to stop safely and drive down the access road to Discount Tire, which was only 2 miles away. They had a Nitto go flat which would fit, so I was temporarily saved. Made it home safe today, and have already ordered four Michelin PS3 ZPs in stock sizes. Hard to find, Discount Tire had to call Michelin to get them. They'll be in next week, so will report on how they do. Thanks for all the info you guys have provided to me. If I continue to have sidewall problems, will probably look for PS4S in a 255/40/20 and 285/35/20 size for my next tire. This was a hard knock, a large pothole, but IMHO, the tire sidewall should not have split as easily it did. Is it Goodyear F1s or is it runflats in general? Time will tell.
Appreciate 1