vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
^ jelly. Might have to go get one of those new license for travel, unless I keep using passport for local flights.
I do all of my flying within 6 inches of the ground, so that isn't a problem for me. My passport booklet and card are current though from cruising, and both are acceptable as federal ID should my employer ever send me to West Point where a plain 'ol license soon won't get you through the gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
do you actually have to GO to dmv to get enhanced drivers license?
Yes for New York, and you need to bring a gazillion points of identification before they will issue one to you. https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg...PermitNDID.cfm

Funny story. Back in the late 1980's, DMV did a database migration and assigned everyone new license numbers. Their migration whacked the suffix off of my name, and now DMV will not accept the same birth certificate that they used when originally giving me my license as points of ID to amend it! Every piece of ID that I have has the suffix on it and do not 100% match the name on my license, so I always use my CCW card with my correct legal name when asked for ID.....