View Single Post
      03-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #35
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonkey View Post
Thank you so much for tackling this project! I got the switch and will be tackling it soon. Any recommendations on SW and HW to do the coding?

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. I find it insulting that BMW thinks we can't be trusted with such a basic feature...
I've had my M550i for about a year and already had multiple situations where rear fogs should've been on
Sadly, I also had to do this to my MK3 Golf a long time ago.

I had a quick look at the wiring diagram: the missing wire comes all the way from the A258 body domain controller at the right A pillar!? Oh boy...
Yep, that it does, but it should tuck nicely with the factory wire harness along the carpet line. And I agree. I get some people wouldn't pay attention and leave them on which might cause lighting issues to others, but no more than other people already drive around with their high-beams on, or trucks which drive around with those insanely bright lightbars turned on. Somehow though, I'm sure it has less to do with BMW trusting us than with US DOT regulations being extremely outdated when it comes to lighting.

All of the coding for this that I have found lies in the BDC module, so Bimmercode in Expert Mode should be able to do it if you feel comfortable. Otherwise, E-Sys would be the way to go.
Appreciate 0