View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #74
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
No I have not. The removing of the decoding options works ok-ish, but definitely not the correct tunnels. I tried yesterday coding the FLM to euro-spec, and it actually made the glare on the high beams worse than using just the US coding.

I’m torn between 3 options at the moment:
1 - Pay for the proper coding and see how much of a difference that makes
2 - Order a set of used Euro Adaptive LED for around $1100 (price has come down recently) to get the right hardware
3 (and my ideal choice) - Order a set of Euro Laser Lights and retrofit those, but the killer here is the price tag of around $6k

From what I’ve heard though the US lights are most likely missing hardware unfortunately.
Haha, yeah I've been eyeing those Laser Lights. I might just wait for the LCI to drop...perhaps by then we'll get cheaper Pre-LCI headlights? Or can also update to LCI if I get bored of my Pre-LCI setup...unsure of the LCI though

So, you are saying removing 5AP from VO and then coding BDC, KAFAS and FLM WITHOUT ECE coding the FLM yielded GFHB/NGHB better functionality versus doing the above, but ECE coding the FLMs?

Hmm...I haven't tried that combination yet.

Also, do you know of any coders that guarantee GFHB/NGHB functionality? If they charge ~$100 to perform it, it might be worthwhile just to bury the hatchet on whether we are missing HW or not!
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0