View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #75
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Haha, yeah I've been eyeing those Laser Lights. I might just wait for the LCI to drop...perhaps by then we'll get cheaper Pre-LCI headlights? Or can also update to LCI if I get bored of my Pre-LCI setup...unsure of the LCI though

So, you are saying removing 5AP from VO and then coding BDC, KAFAS and FLM WITHOUT ECE coding the FLM yielded GFHB/NGHB better functionality versus doing the above, but ECE coding the FLMs?

Hmm...I haven't tried that combination yet.

Also, do you know of any coders that guarantee GFHB/NGHB functionality? If they charge ~$100 to perform it, it might be worthwhile just to bury the hatchet on whether we are missing HW or not!
Yeah I had also thought about doing an LCI conversion once it comes out, but that would involve the bumper and a bunch of under-parts/ducts etc. It kills me that the G12, G05/G07, and G20 Laser Lights are all over auction sites for around the same price as the G30 ICON LEDs.

And oddly enough, I did a before and after comparison of all modules when removing 5AP and 8S4, and the FLMs did not change at all, meaning there were no coding changes related to the decoding in those modules. So in essence, all that needed to be done was to remove those 2 options and VO code the KAFAS and BDC. And yes, the function seemed to work better with US coding in the FLM modules. It gave more of the /\___/\ tunnel than with the ECE coding in the FLM, which I noticed caused a lot more glare on the back of the car in front of me. With the US coding, there was very minimal glare.
Appreciate 0