Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS
You can cleary see the hockey stick in scott's pic on the 1st page, for those wondering if it would have it.
Im not seeing it. If you're referring to the crease on the lower door, there is still hard camouflage under the graphics. It starts about 4" behind the front fender.

This isn't the best rendering, but the air breather and ankle line are somewhat close...
You might be right. And i hope you are.

But sweet baby jesus this rendering looks like pure crap, and unfortunately, it looks to be pretty close to the real deal, by looking at the mules. Sad days for bmw. But well, lets wait and see.
I was trying to be a bit PC, but yes that rendering is overall atrocious. It's the only one I've come across that reflects the lower door character line compared to the camo'd test cars though. I'm good at PS for photography, but useless at it to try a rendering of my own. I could probably manage a 3D model with the Catia Files I have for the car, but by the time I finish, the car will probably be out, not to mention a severe conflict of interest.

The G11/12 was previewed by the Concept Vision Future Luxury and it's been officially stated the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Concept Exterior is the basis for the G30 design. Add to that the recent Concept Compact Sedan for China market which is to be a more obtainable aspirational vehicle coupled with the 5er being the most popular BMW in that market. It's not coincidental.

I think the 5GT has a small chance of a Hockey Stick but I would wager against it.

I believe 1/2 and 5/6 will follow similar design details and then 3/4 will be influenced by 7/8/9.
The design of the g11 was frozen before the VFL was introduced, as per scott, so it wasn't really influenced by it.

I dont know where you took this gran lusso statement from, but the only similarity between this g30 and the concept, that seems plausible, are at most, some body lines, and even that i doubt so. This rendering you showed seems to depict very well the shape of the headlights, and to some small extent, a few body lines. But i agree that it looks really bad. Lets hope theres still some camo playing jokes at the headlights.

Now, as per scott again, the 6 will indeed be influenced by the VFL, as will the 8/9. He even posted this pic a while back depicting what could the 6-series look like:

Lets hope the new 5 comes out nicely...but gotta admit my hopes at this point aren't too high.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0