Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Took home my leased '20 M550i in January of 2020,and currently have 16,400mi on the clock. Wish I could say it was a great experience. However my 550 has been nothing except a huge headache since I took delivery.

Has been back to the dealership(s) 11 times since for warranty/service to fix everything from drivetrain malfunction(s),several electrical issues(frayed main wiring harness from factory),coolant leaks,etc,etc and the final straw was when it left my family and I stranded at 9pm on Mothers Day after a nice dinner. Had to pay $90 for an Uber and waited until midnight for it to arrive as there was literally no other means to get us home. I did get some pretty sweet loaners though lol: M8 Comp(got this one twice),M850i,(2) 740's,X5 M50i,the other loaners were nothing exciting.

I capitalized on the ridiculous car market & sold it back to BMW at my new local dealer(we since moved out of NY and headed South) for a nice profit and got out of my lease.

After much deliberation my wife and I decided to give BMW one final chance before moving on to a different German manufacturer;I'll be taking delivery of a '22 X3MC at the Performance Center in a few weeks.

I'll definitely miss the instant torque and pull of the V8TT but I'm done w the 550i. Got some good Dragy numbers and was thoroughly impressed with the acceleration.

Fingers crossed the X3MC doesn't have issues like this as well,if it does I guess thats on me since I chose to stick with BMW.

Gentlemen,I bid you farewell
I'm sorry you had that experience.

I'm 5000 miles into my 2021 m550, and have had no issues so far (besides taking it in for the 0-60 acceleration improvement).
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1915.50