View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #3269
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Looks like i'll be making some new purchases soon. A good friend of mine just sent me this email....

Quote:
I wanted to tell you about my cousin’s gun collection. He inherited about $300-$500K worth of guns and ammo from his dad who was an FFL. I was over there on Saturday. It is 100’s and 100’s of guns. He will sell them for the value on his Dad’s books. Basically, it is every pistol, rifle or shotgun you could imagine – from Barrett .50’s to .22’s. I think he is keeping the Barretts. He has many of them in their original boxes. I wanted a 10/22 for Hunter and bought a stainless one for like $100 from him. To give you an idea he had like 15 10/22’s in original boxes. Imagine Shoot Straight…stuffed in a garage. Also has like 20k-30K rounds of ammo. I never thought I would want one, but we were looking at a stainless, lever action 45-70 with a short 16” barrel and a beautiful laminate wood stock. It was so cool. He had like 5 of them in original boxes. I think I will be adopting one at some point too.

It blew my mind. It is all in a garage and a trailer for the time being – with everything stacked up on everything else, so it was hard to get a full idea of what you were looking at. He had maybe 5 safes with 50-100 guns in them. Plus, boxes of new guns in boxes just stacked up. He had like 10 Glock 20’s (10mm) some of them ported. Pretty cool stuff. Bunch of 1911’s. More AR’s then you could count in every configuration. He is building a 50 x 80 ft metal building to use as a shop where he will lay it all out. It will have a monsterous walk-in safe.