View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
PGN2383
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 530d MSport Touring

Gracenote Problem

My understanding of how the Gracenote system works is that whilst a CD is playing the Album Information is retrieved from the Gracenote database stored within the vehicle. If no information is available for the particular CD (or in fact even if it is) it is then possible to search for it from the on-line database. This is achieved by pressing the Option button near the controller and then selecting “Album Information”, then “Search for album information online”. You then see “Album information from Gracenote” and “Updating album information…” After a few seconds one or more options for the information are listed (I guess this is for different versions of the album) and you select the one you want to apply.

Until a couple of weeks ago this worked perfectly for me but now after about 30 seconds of searching the message “Data transfer failed” appears and no album information is listed. I had the car booked in earlier this week for this but the dealer couldn’t find a solution or any technical info from BMW so they have contacted BMW Technical direct and are waiting for a response.

I would be grateful if someone else could test this and confirm that it works for them as I don’t know the problem lies with my car or is a more general problem.
Appreciate 0