01-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
Funcars999
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i

Delivery Problems!

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forums but have been doing a ton of reading and figured I’d try my luck at asking a few questions.

I placed an order for a 2020 540i (my first ever BMW was so excited) in Mid-October to be built in Germany. I have been working with a dealer on the east cost of FL. BMW genius told me, soon into the build that there was a “stop sale” on the car. Neither the dealer nor BMW would tell me what for.

I was supposed to take delivery around end of November but with delays the dealer received the car right before Christmas. During prepping the car for delivery they found a “computer module failure” which the dealership apparently continued to order parts for. None of those parts “apparently worked” until 4 weeks later.

I agreed to take the car thinking maybe it was a fluke and as a consolation they agreed to flatbed the car and deliver it to my house. During that delivery the car was slid (supposedly) and damaged the bumper.

Now I don’t want that car anymore. The dealer understands and offered to order me a new one, but noted that the BMW rebates may not be on then. I am hesitant to order a new one because it will be April before I take delivery.

Any thoughts? Does this happen? Should I pick another dealer? Any one on here that would accept the car?
Appreciate 0