United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
The coverage with Progressive is about $500 year. I'm currently rolling the dice.
Thuis is why insurance advertising is so misleading. I just looked at my Chubb policy and full glass coverage (no deductible) is included at ZERO cost with my collision insurance (which carries a $1000 deductible). Chubb premiums may be higher than Progressive but there is better coverage and service has been first rate -- never an issue with a claim and I can have the car repaired by BMW with BMW parts without having to fight for that.

One of the companies advertises (incessantly) "only pay for what you need." Well, how do you know what you need until you have a claim? And isn't insurance supposed to cover the unforeseen? The bottom line is you get what you pay for. I have used full glass coverage several times and would not have insurance without it. Glass claims are actually not even so unforeseen. With all the crap on the roads, it is not so uncommon to need glass. Sort of "not whether, but when".
The coverage varies from state to state. In Texas if it's accident related it will be covered under the typical comprehensive insurance policy. Some policies include free windshield repair, but not in Texas unless you have a specific policy for it. It's highly regulated based on where you live.

If you add up the cost of what that policy would cost me over two years, I could buy a windshield and on my way to half of another one. It just doesn't make sense financially for me.
Appreciate 0