View Single Post
      10-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
NiToNi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Convertible

Best tuning box for 530d...?

I'll be changing my E70 X5 xDrive40d for a G31 530d this weekend and would like to order a tuning box ASAP to maximize performance.

I've only used Evolve Automotive UK and their ECU remaps on my previous Bimmers (and they have been superb, especially on a E93 335i N55) but since these otherwise great guys do not offer any solutions for the B57 yet, I am looking at some alternatives:

TMC Motorsport - Tuning Box (326Hp/759Nm)

Speed Buster - Tuning Box (326Hp/759Nm) (Same as above?)

RaceChip - Ultimate (309Hp/786Nm)

CPA Chiptuning - PowerBox Nitro (333Hp/779Nm)

DTUK - CRD3+ (317Hp/730nm)

DTE Systems - PowerControl (303Hp/720Nm)

Ventura - High Performance (325Hp/720Nm)

ChipExpress - Tuning Box (300Hp/720Nm)

However I am not familiar with any of the above brands and/or manufacturers and their reputation, so I would really appreciate some input from you guys before I pull the trigger.

None of the websites above show a chart of the bhp and torque curve as function of revs, preferably compared to stock curves, so impossible to judge the 'character' and quality of the delivery of the claimed power. These numbers differ quite a lot too between the offerings (as do price) but I suspect some are more inflated than others in an attempt to sell more boxes...

"Multi-channel" sounds good but not technical enough to know if just marketing or not. Also, these pedal boxes (and in some cases gearbox boxes) are they worthwhile upgrades...?
Appreciate 0