02-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiToNi View Post
Oh yes, sorry I forgot to report back. Thanks for the reminder.

I got it and installed it. I had a problem with one of the plugs not fitting and I wasn’t happy at first with the reply I got that it was impossible to adapt to every time BMW decides to change them slightly and therefore just take a Dremel to it!!

Well I wasn’t going to return it, and with Ventura’s blessing in case I were to screw up a new €800 toy, the problem was fixed in less than a minute.

The box is well made and I don’t know of any other tuning box on the market for the G30 which takes so many sensors into account.

The best of all however is the complete transformation of the car - it is awesome! Such a difference, I just take the car for a spin for fun (family touring nonetheless). I have an app on my phone (Dynolicious) but I haven’t got around to actually do some timed runs. It pulls great though up to 120-130 mph, fading a bit after that. I used to have a 335i E93 that I had tuned by Evolve and dyno’d to 390 bhp and I would say this diesel pulls if not stronger up to 90-100mph, albeit not thereafter (at higher revs). And the delivery is very very nice - sporty and fierce yet smooth and even. Very professionally executed by this for me unknown Dutch firm.

All in all, would think my 530d is pretty much on par now with a 540i, at least I have no buyers’ remorse (anymore) and would urge you to get this if you own a G30 or G31 530d.

Have a good weekend!
Thanks for the detailed feedback, I have been considering the Schnitzer due to the warranty being maintained. I’ve been searching the forums for somebody that’s gone with the schnitzer but haven’t found anybody yet..
Appreciate 0