View Single Post
      09-22-2019, 06:53 AM   #19
hogwldfltr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I'm sorry, but the fact that someone is giving you an "estimate" before the Rolex repair facility they even looks at it is a problem. Rolex will not give an estimate until they receive the watch.

I've sent several of my current and past watches to Rolex for repair/service and not once did I get a price until they had the watch in their hands and assessed it personally.

Basically, I sent the watch to them with the specifics of what I was looking for. This varied by watch for me and Rolex was happy to oblige with my requests.
When I received the price from them, I had to give them the go ahead to do the work. They would not start the work UNTIL I said to go ahead.
If I didn't approve of the price or the work being done/suggested - they would simple return the watch.

At best, you're probably looking at a rebuild of the movement, plus the part that broke. I'd say you'll be into it for less than $1000 easy. The watch can't be replaced for this amount and should last a long, long time.

Do yourself a favor, go to another AD and have them send the watch to Rolex. You can't go wrong with sending it directly to Rolex for service. You know EXACTLY what you're getting, plus a warranty on the repair.
Again, if you want to keep it as original as possible an RSC is not the way to go. My wife's Tudor with tritium dial and hands could only be serviced by them if I would allow them to replace the dial and hands. I did; the cost was $1500 for the full service. A watch from the time period in discussion will likely have tritium as they started replacing tritium with Luminova in 1998.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...hlight=tritium
Appreciate 0